Skip to main content

Excellence


Image source - Google.com

An american once visited a temple under construction where he saw a sculptor making an idol of God. Suddenly he noticed a similar idol lying nearby.
Surprised, he asked the sculptor, "Do you need two statues of the same idol?" 
"No," said the sculptor without looking up, "We need only one, but the first one got damaged at the last stage." 
The gentleman examined the idol and found no apparent damage. "Where is the damage?" he asked. 
"There is a scratch on the nose of the idol." said the sculptor, still busy with his work. 
"Where are you going to install the idol?"

The sculptor replied that it would be installed on a pillar twenty feet high. 
"If the idol is that far, who is going to know that there is a scratch on the nose?" the gentleman asked. 
The sculptor stopped his work, looked up at the gentleman, smiled and said, "I will know it."

The desire to excel is exclusive of the fact whether someone else appreciates it or not. "Excellence" is a drive from inside, not outside. Excellence is not for someone else to notice but for our own satisfaction and efficiency...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salty Coffee

He met her on a party. She was so outstanding, many guys chasing after her, while he so normal, nobody paid attention to him. At the end of the party, he invited her to have coffee with him, she was surprised, but due to being polite, she promised. They sat in a nice coffee shop, he was too nervous to say anything, she felt uncomfortable, she thought, please, let me go home.... suddenly he asked the waiter. "would you please give me some salt? I'd like to put it in my coffee." Everybody stared at him, so strange! His face turned red, but still, he put the salt in his coffee and drank it. She asked him curiously; why you have this hobby? He replied: "when I was a little boy, I was living near the sea, I like playing in the sea, I could feel the taste of the sea, just like the taste of the salty coffee. Now every time I have the salty coffee, I always think of my childhood, think of my hometown, I miss my hometown so much, I miss my parents who are still living ther

Date with the Woman

After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said I love you but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you. The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally. That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie. 'What's wrong, are you well,' she asked? My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news. 'I thought that it would be pleasant to be with you,' I responded. 'Just the two of us.' She thought about it for a moment, and then said, 'I would like that very much.' That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous

Another Exam

So my exams story continued again.  I had two exams one on 25 evening and 26 morning. I prepared myself for both of them somehow. On 25 it was 'Advance Java Programming'. The exam was easy and I'll definitely clear it. Even the examiner was very good. She let us to talk and discuss with other students a little bit...   . But the main challenge for me was the exam which was on 26 morning. I studied for this (System software) for late night till 2.30am and then again woke up in the morning at 7am as exam was going to start at 9am and the examination center was quite away. I took my bath and skipped my breakfast and took metro upto there. Everything was ok, untill I entered the examination center.    When I sit at my seat, I just figured out that one of the pen I was having with me just leaked out I my pent's pocket.   . It was very embarrassing situation for me. I went to washroom and apply some water in it, but the spot goes bigger   , them I thought a bit   and just lef