Skip to main content

A Boy's Love

On the last day before Christmas, Anit hurried to go to the store to buy the
remaining gifts Anit didn't manage to buy earlier.


When Anit saw all the people there, he started to complain to myself. It is
going to take forever here and he still have so many other places to go...
Christmas really is getting more and more annoying every year. How he wish he
could just lie down, go to sleep and only wake up after it...


Nonetheless, Anit made my way to the toy section, and there he started to curse
the prices, wondering if all kids really play with such expensive toys.


While looking in the toy section, Anit noticed a small boy of about 5 years
old, pressing a doll against his chest. He kept on touching the hair of the
doll and looked so sad. Anit wondered who was this doll for. Then the little
boy turned to the old woman next to him and said: Granny, are you sure I
don't have enough money?


The old lady replied: You know that you don't have enough money to buy this
doll, my dear. Then she asked him to stay here for 5 minutes while she went
to look around. She left quickly.


The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand. Finally, Anit started to
walk toward him and asked him who did he want to give this doll to. It is
the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for this Christmas.
She was so sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.


Anit replied to him that maybe Santa Claus will bring it to her, after all, and
not to worry. But he replied to me sadly. No, Santa Claus cannot bring it to
her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mother so that she can
give it to her when she goes there.


His eyes were so sad while saying this.


My sister has gone to be with God. Daddy said that Mommy will also go to see
God very soon, so I thought that she could bring the doll with her to give it to my sister. 


Anit's heart nearly stopped.


The little boy looked up at me and said: I told daddy to tell mommy not to
go yet. I asked him to wait until I come back from the store.


Then he showed him a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then
told me: I also want mommy to take this photo with her so that she will not
forget me. 

I love my mommy and I wish she didn't have to leave me but daddy says that
she has to go to be with my little sister.


Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.


Anit  quickly reached for my wallet and took a few dollars out and said to the
boy. What if we checked again, just in case, to see if you have enough
money? 

OK he said. I hope that I have enough.

Anit added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count
it. There was enough for the doll, and even some spare money.


The little boy said: Thank you God for giving me enough money.


Then he looked at me and added: I asked yesterday before I slept for God to
make sure I have enough money to buy this doll so that mommy can give it to
my sister. He heard me.


I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I
didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll
and the white rose. You know, my mommy loves white roses.


A few minutes later, the old lady came again and Anit left.


Anit finished his shopping in a totally different state from when he started. he
couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.


Then he remembered a local newspaper article 2 days ago, which mentioned of a
drunk man in a truck who hit a car where there was one young lady and a little girl. 


The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical
state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the
life-assisting machine, because the young lady would not be able to get out
of the coma. Was this the family of the little boy?

Two days after this encounter with the little boy, He read in the newspaper
that the young lady had passed away.


He couldn't stop himself and went to buy a bunch of white roses and he went to
the mortuary where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see
before burial.

She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest.


Anit left the place crying, feeling that my life had been changed forever.

The love that this little boy had for his mother and his sister is still, to this day, hard to imagine.

And in a fraction of a second, a drunk man had taken all this away from him.


:(

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Salty Coffee

He met her on a party. She was so outstanding, many guys chasing after her, while he so normal, nobody paid attention to him. At the end of the party, he invited her to have coffee with him, she was surprised, but due to being polite, she promised. They sat in a nice coffee shop, he was too nervous to say anything, she felt uncomfortable, she thought, please, let me go home.... suddenly he asked the waiter. "would you please give me some salt? I'd like to put it in my coffee." Everybody stared at him, so strange! His face turned red, but still, he put the salt in his coffee and drank it. She asked him curiously; why you have this hobby? He replied: "when I was a little boy, I was living near the sea, I like playing in the sea, I could feel the taste of the sea, just like the taste of the salty coffee. Now every time I have the salty coffee, I always think of my childhood, think of my hometown, I miss my hometown so much, I miss my parents who are still living ther

Date with the Woman

After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said I love you but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you. The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally. That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie. 'What's wrong, are you well,' she asked? My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news. 'I thought that it would be pleasant to be with you,' I responded. 'Just the two of us.' She thought about it for a moment, and then said, 'I would like that very much.' That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous

Another Exam

So my exams story continued again.  I had two exams one on 25 evening and 26 morning. I prepared myself for both of them somehow. On 25 it was 'Advance Java Programming'. The exam was easy and I'll definitely clear it. Even the examiner was very good. She let us to talk and discuss with other students a little bit...   . But the main challenge for me was the exam which was on 26 morning. I studied for this (System software) for late night till 2.30am and then again woke up in the morning at 7am as exam was going to start at 9am and the examination center was quite away. I took my bath and skipped my breakfast and took metro upto there. Everything was ok, untill I entered the examination center.    When I sit at my seat, I just figured out that one of the pen I was having with me just leaked out I my pent's pocket.   . It was very embarrassing situation for me. I went to washroom and apply some water in it, but the spot goes bigger   , them I thought a bit   and just lef